Are you in the trucking business? While you are doing everything to navigate this line of business, you need commercial transportation insurance to cushion your business against numerous risks in this industry. Want to learn more about transportation insurance? Don’t worry, because 925 Partners of Jacksonville, FL got you covered when it comes to commercial insurance needs.
What is transportation insurance?
As mentioned, this insurance coverage covers small businesses and owner-operators in the trucking business. You don’t need to have a fleet of trucks to invest in transportation insurance. Even if you have one or two trucks, transportation insurance is pivotal for your business.
Generally, you need transportation insurance if you are:
- An independent own-operator or truck driver
- Commercial transport/logistics business
- You operate in any business that has trucks, drivers, and transportation
From a single truck to a fleet of trucks, commercial transportation insurance is not only legally required but cushions your business against multiple risks.
What does transportation insurance cover?
Here are the areas covered by transportation insurance:
- Physical damage: Like standard auto insurance, transportation insurance has collision and comprehensive coverages to protect your trucks against risks like accidents, fire, theft, and other hazards listed in your policy.
- Liability coverage: Since trucks are heavy, the liability claims can be pretty significant if you are at fault for an accident. The liability insurance covers you when accused of property damage and bodily injury. It also covers you when sued.
- Non-trucking coverage: Transportation coverage covers you when your trailer isn’t transporting goods. For instance, bobtail insurance covers the truck after goods have been delivered or when using the truck for personal reasons.
There are plenty of other areas covered by transportation insurance. To learn more about this coverage, please contact 925 Partners. Else, you can pass by our Jacksonville, FL offices to chat with one of our agents.