Loaning your car to someone is not new because people do it daily. You can lend it to a friend, a family member, or even your driver. No matter who you lend it to, you are still liable for anything that happens while they are driving your car. If you live in Jacksonville, FL, 925 Partners has you covered if someone else is driving your car and they get into an accident.
If you’re the car’s owner, your insurance will cover any damage when someone else is behind the wheel. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule.
Your insurance policy will not cover the accident if:
- The other driver is not listed on your policy
- They take your car without your permission
- They are driving your vehicle for business purposes
- If the other driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- If the driver doesn’t have a valid driver’s license
- If the other driver has their own insurance policy, their insurance company will cover them
With all these exceptions, it’s essential to carry out due diligence before loaning your car to anyone. You could be held liable if someone uses your car and gets into an accident, even if you weren’t the one driving.
If you have questions about whether or not your insurance will cover the other driver in your accident, it’s best to speak with an agent directly. At 925 Partners, we help you understand how your insurance coverage works so you know what to expect in case of an accident. If you’re in Jacksonville, FL, contact us for all your auto insurance needs and concerns.