Commercial insurance can make the difference between overcoming a catastrophe and having to close one’s business. 925 Partners is here to help guide business owners in the greater Jacksonville, FL area during the commercial insurance selection process. These three tips can help you find a policy that provides the appropriate coverage and the right level to help keep your business protected.
3 Tips for Choosing a Commercial Insurance Policy
- Calculate your inventory when it is at its highest level — Inventory can be a significant asset that can be difficult to value as it fluctuates throughout the year. Make sure that your protection level is equal to the highest level of value.
- Your commercial fleet or other vehicles that are used for business purposes — If your business relies on your fleet to get the job done, it can be devastating to have those vehicles off the road. Make sure that you have coverage that will protect you during those downtimes. The same holds true if your employees are using their own vehicles for business. Make sure that your policy provides all of the coverage you need.
- Make sure that your liability protection is adequate — Slip and fall accidents and other liability situations can cause some severe headaches for business owners. If you are in an industry that experiences a high level of liability risk, be sure that your commercial policy provides adequate coverage. Working with a local agent to determine the right coverage can make all the difference.
Ready to learn more about how the right commercial insurance policy can help keep your Jacksonville, FL area business protected? Contact the team at 925 Partners today and let us help you with all of your insurance needs.
The housing market in and around Jacksonville, FL is growing strong, meaning more people are looking to buy homes. This is an exciting time to be a buyer, but it can also be a confusing experience. 925 Partners wants to make the process easier. That’s why we’ve put together this short, handy guide to help navigate home insurance for new buyers.
Do I need home insurance?
The state of Florida does not require homeowners to insure their property. However, there is a good chance your mortgage company will. Furthermore, a homeowner’s insurance policy will cover your house in the event of a disaster. Without an insurance policy, you will end up having to pay for any damages alone.
Can property features affect my insurance?
The location and condition of your chosen home can affect the kinds of insurance you’ll need. Some property features to consider when looking for a home include:
- Special Features – Swimming pools, hot tubs, and large fountains all require technical care and, therefore, special insurance considerations.
- Flooding Risks – Flood insurance is never covered by a standard homeowner’s policy. If the area is prone to flooding, you’ll want a specific flood insurance policy.
- Coastlines – If your chosen home is closer to the Florida coast, you’ll want to consider coverage for windstorms and hurricanes.
- Age and Condition – Older homes can carry higher liability risk, especially if they are poorly maintained. It’s crucial to inspect the condition of the roof, foundations, and fixtures. A home that is not up-to-date with modern codes can be extra hazardous during a disaster.
What should I do before I buy?
Contact your home insurance professional to get estimates and qualifications on the houses you have your eye on. 925 Partners of Jacksonville, FL offers policies across the state of Florida, and we can help you select the perfect policy before you move in. We can also answer any questions you have about coverage online, by phone, or in person.